SUGBUTRIATHLON

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ClamMan Triathlon - Sprint  (Read 1916 times)

cerrone

ClamMan Triathlon - Sprint
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »

Cerrone Dayo 1:23

Lence placed 2nd in AG! but I will let him tell the story  ;)
If you have a heart, pump it!

joecax

• It's not about the shoes
Re: ClamMan Triathlon - Sprint
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:32:59 AM »

congrats! :)

chono

• Administrator
  • passing the hat...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »

Congrats Lence for finishing 2nd! Wow kosgan na gyod! Cerrone congrats for finishing 1:23! Sunod dongan finish line mga Dayo brothers para 2nd and 3rd or tonga mo 2nd place na prize :D

I'm wondering unsay distance sa sprint diha. Before sprint was 750m swim - 20km bike - 5km run but now it's 1km swim - 30km bike - 7.5km run. Some are still using the old format so now i'm confused which one is the official sprint distance.

rj

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »

congrats!

cerrone

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 10:13:42 PM »

Ang standard distances diri kay sa Olympic, Half and Full Iron races raman but NOT Sprint Triathlons. Mag depende sa race director if "Sprint" ang race, usually the swim is 400m or 800m, bike 16k or 20k, run is 5k or 6.4k.  Naa sad organizers pa tas.an usahay ang bike or run,  naka experience ko ug "sprint tri" but the bike leg was 47km! 

ClamMan was 800m swim, 16km bike, 5km run.

This was our last triathlon for the 2009 season, ting tugnaw naman gud diri sa NorthEast.   The last 2 races we joined puros Adventure ang swimming, last time was the big waves yesterday was the dense fog  :o "mystery swimming".   
Photos to follow    ;)

chono

• Administrator
  • passing the hat...
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 08:29:06 AM »

amazing sprint distance na siguro tawag anang oban... 47km bike, big waves, fog pa gyod. Na... saonz. Amazing gyod.

joecax

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »

if nahan mo mystery swimming cebu version, pwde mo sa abellana
asahay zero visibility  ;D

cerrone

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:38 AM »

The Dayo Brothers

Mystery Swimming

2nd Place Age Group

triAAbz

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »

;)  Congrats mga Bro,     ;D   gakurog ko gatan-aw sa inyo pics kay ma-relate nako unsa ka tugnaw kana nga race diha .

::)  ay SALAMAT naka log-in na gyod ko balik,   mura man pod ni "MYSTERY" lay permi man lang ko ma  :'( ERROR  >:(  for almost a month kada log-in nako

rj

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:01:01 AM »

nice race!
nice pics!
nice butts mga bro!

triAAbz

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:32 AM »

asa man ang pics na gi ESPANK sa mga gurls  :-*   ang "booty" sa mga bro  ?    he he heh e

cerrone

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »

Salamat Sir Alvz! perting gyud tugnawa, wala pa gyud ko nag wetsuit I thought I would be frozen at the end of the swim... ???
Sorry guys no booty shots sa mga girls  ::) si Agnes man gud nag kuha sa mga photos.

By the we also raced in the same venue last May and this is how the swim start is suppose to look like w/o the fog

joecax

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 10:51:16 PM »

grabe ang differnce.
dli makita ang shark kung fog kaau hehehe

lencemedjai

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »

im not fast! just got lucky! ok my long overdue race report and i mean long.

no plans on racing ClamMan Sprint peru race director invited us (cerrone and I) to do a match up race for fun, putting sibling rivalry on the tri scene. so anyways we did it. i knew he was going to pull away sa swim, then mag ala norman stadler sa bike to put minutes between us on the run. so my thoughts were, its a 3mile run so maybe 3mins gap is doable if i run like Crowie.

swim-not much to say. not a strong swimmer, plus the fog didnt help either. buoys were hard to spot and with match up racers on first wave of only about 14 there were no feet i could really follow, they all dropped me sa start like i was a bad habit. markers were 3 orange buoys and 1 yellow sa turn around. i had to re-learn my colors coz all buoys looked yellow sa fog haha! so thats that. out sa swim and in to T1 and out sa T1, volunteer yells "Your brother is already out bout 2mins!"

bike-couldnt get a rhythm going. i was hoping to hold 19mph sa ride didnt happen. all i could do was 17mph-18mph. on mile 2 spotter says "youre 2:20 down" naks naman seryoso gyud ni ilang pag tan.aw sa sibling rivalry dah. so i tried to pick it up a bit peru patay gyapon. saw cerrone coming back, checked bike comp bout half a mile to turn around so i was about a mile down, darn! at mile 8 same spotter yells "youre now 2:45 down!" thanks bud good to know im losing ground. it was a 10mile ride so i tried to push the last 2miles.

run-off the bike i thought, i was well within my 3mins cushion, now its time to put on Crowie's legs. when we did this same distance back in May i caught cerrone with less than a mile to go to finish. running out of T2 i was thinking this is going to be tight like traffic in colon. my goal was try to run 8min pace maybe thats enough. surprisingly cerrone had a bad run and i caught him earlier than i thought. it was just after mile 1 i passed him. was he hurting? or is Crowie runnin that fast? i couldnt tell. i wanted to hang fearing of blowin up but hey! last tri race of the season and only 3mile run, i decided to go and i still had the goal of 8min pace for the run. so i went and little did i know i was running myself into 2nd place on my age group. the guy who came in 3rd i think was about 2mins down and i passed him on the last mile. so thats that! and oh yeah my run split was 7:57min/mile, i was a happy camper!

that was a week ago and today i did a 5k. new goal was run under 22min 7min pace, like i said im not fast. gun goes off stayed on my own zone saw black dude looked like in my age group so tried to hang with him. mile 1, 6:50min atay ka kusog bah! for real? but felt good so kept going, we were a group of six not lead pack. just before mile 2 marker water station black dude slows down to grab a drink, i snatched one but kept goin so built a gap. mile 2, 13:48 OMG! im gonna blow i know foe sure i will. so stayed relax now runnin with group of five minus black dude. then group dropped me liked again i was a bad habit, stayed in my zone. half a mile to go black dude is runnin with me head and shoulder murag shampoo. finish was in the track with bout 350m to go once you get in the track. so got in the track with black dude pullin sa front. i tried to pass on the turn with 200m to go, he passed me back with 50m to go. dammit Obama! finish time 21:39 happy of breakin 22min. came in 2nd on my age group and i was right black dude was in my age group, he got first with 2secs gap, dammit Obama!

thanks for readin!

******anyone interested in subscribing my weekly columns email me and ill get you started with first month subscription free of charge***** cheers!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:56:39 AM by lencemedjai »
the body achieves what the mind believes

chono

• Administrator
  • passing the hat...
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 08:07:02 AM »

lence, so meaning you won two races!
sa triathlon and the 5km run... kewl
congrats bro!!!

spoke to triaabz this morning.
He's very busy. He can't join oct.25 3-15-3 danao tri but most likely by nov.14 indoor tri he can
Pages: [1] 2