SUGBUTRIATHLON

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Swimming Pool Options  (Read 3292 times)

jon

Swimming Pool Options
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »

Hello SugbuTri,

I recently moved to Cebu and would like to continue training. Where's the best place to swim?

Some locals told me in the Cebu Sports center. Do you have other suggestions?

Jon

triAAbz

Re: Swimming Pool Options
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:49:17 AM »

CebuCity Sports Center is the only 50-meter pool thats very accessible bai JON,  but tends to be crowded except if you dare to swim between 11am to 3pm  8)

kon gusto ka medyo class , try HolidayGym&Spa (25-meter pool).  naa poy mingaw & high altitude Pool sa CampMarina, BoyScout Camp in Capitol Hills (not sure if still open) also in Marco Polo Hotel (cebuPlaza)

Or, if you'd like Resorts Pools & Open water swim @ d same time  ::)  then try Shangrilla & Plantation Bay in Mactan  ;)

Naa poy mga cheaper pools & "swim@ ur own risk"-open waterSwim/beaches ngadto sa amo HOME-Court  :-*  sa TalisaY City  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:57:09 AM by triAAbz »

ProsperApparel

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »

i have a cousin that owns a resort on the island.

going to see if I can get access to her pools/beach

from what I remember its not laned.. but theres open water ;)

chono

• Administrator
  • passing the hat...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »

I recommend Holiday Gym&Spa. 25m pool.
Members access all facilities including all classes (pilates, spin class, etc.)
http://www.cebuholidaygymandspa.com.

triAAbz

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »

i have a cousin that owns a resort on the island.

going to see if I can get access to her pools/beach

from what I remember its not laned.. but theres open water ;)

:o   WoW   8)  thats COOL   ;D  maybe we (interested ST members) could arrange a "group Open-Water-Swim" before Aug.5........   :D  it wld be also a nice rehersal of the CHAOtic-swim during the iM race.   ???

joecax

• It's not about the shoes
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »

sad state about our only 50m pool in Cebu
Abellana pool would certainly qualify as one of the dirtiest in PI
Cebuanos and the general paying public deserves better
i think mgmt is waiting for their attention to be called by the media
bombo radyo na?

triAAbz

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »

. . .  ::)   my last month of working there as a Lifeguard was Aug, 2005 when there was a move to CHANGE the entire filter  system  after 11yrs since the CCSC opened in 1994. But then it was delayed & eventually didnt push through. Sad to say they just opted to continue patching up the numerous corrosion-HOLES using Devcon metal Epoxy around the 2 huge cylinders of the filter Unit. Im not so sure though if its the BUDGET-problem or Politics or the combination of the two.

...   ;) Visiting Cebu 2009 and saw the ancient Filters were still standing tall & we joked/laugh at it as we believed those cylinders were then mostly made up of ePoXy&Rusts but not with its original iron-metal anymore. There were rumors though that the replacement was going to occur soon and its going to be made of stainless-steel as a reason of the delay hence more funding was needed. But until I left Cebu again 2010 the problem remained thesame.  .   .

... .   :(  I suspected those filters were not changed yet & everytime theres fixture/patching to be made then THEy're forced to shut down its operation for at least 8 hrs. for the epoxy to cure & hold (not counting the hours of "prep" w/c wld be 2-3 hrs) .

,,  .  >:(  Bottom line is, if the filter is resting (shut-Off), the water dirt are "sprinting" in its production. Thats why we suffered on swimming on a "mountainDew-like" Olympic size pool.  .  .  A m e n . . .....   :-*    :D

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:39:43 AM by triAAbz »

coach b

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »

:) ;) :D

seanlim13

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

i guess it is still not the worst compared to our swimming pool in UST. on the rainy season the water is like murky green and you wont see each other. and still up to now, whenever the swimmers swim there most of them complain that their tooth sensitivity after swimming. this is due to the high chlorine content which changes into chloric acid that sanitizes the pool but forms hydrochloric acid, which can contribute to sensitive teeth.
but i guess you are right, the city council need to upgrade the pools filtering and chlorination system. the pool is still okay. i noticed that the chlorination at abellana is also quite heavy. if you didnt bring any shampoo, your hair will be stiff enough that you thought you had gel on hehe..

King™

• never back down!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »

have tried that "tooth sensitivity" in beverly glen in cebu before.. we were there to teach korean kids swimming, but the water is just too harsh for my teeth..

anyhow, i guess im ok with the cleanliness of the pool in abellana, never had a bacterial infection or anything in that pool even on its most murky days.. I do however have a complaint.. UC NAUTICAL and CRIMINOLOGY STUDENTS! like WHAT THE F*CK! these students need to learn pool manners.. I really dont know how they discipline their students, but almost all walay modo.. They spit anywhere, they block your lane, they ruin your workouts, they jump on you as you are coming to the wall to make a turn, and the water will be too choppy just by the jumping you feel like your doing an ocean swim.. And all of the teachers are GAY, they seem to enjoy looking at their students wreaking havoc to the pool.. And whenever I approach the professor, you will just get an "OK", and the students will stop bugging you, just for a while..
10 % luck, 15 % skill, 20 % concentrated power of will, 5 % pleasure, 50 % pain, thats 100 % reason to remember the name.

triAAbz

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »

ha ha ha ha ha   :D :D :D :D   ;D  ;D  astang kataWA nako sa comment ni King regarding on how chaOtic the pool becomes in the presence og these UC students.  ;D ;D ;D ;D he he he , mka relate man gud ko coz I was once a student (Varsity Swimmer) in UC-Nautical dept. & even before daghan na gyod kaaYo mga darna-titser dinha.
    PASENSYAhe na lang na sila bai total SEASONAL ra man na sila mag-samok-samok sa Pool. kana ra na mag-angat ang Maritime wk, Intrams/Univ.wk & swimming final exams. Bisan unsaon na sila badlong . . . .  >:(  mag balik balik ra na silag-kiat kay dili man gud sila regular-swimmers so wala kaayo na sila paki-alam sa RULES& Reg sa Pool . . . ..   :D :D :D  & to quote " mura na silag mga baki nga bagOng na-ulanan , saba kaayo og bisan asa lang lukso.  As once a LG there, ma laspag ko binadlong & turned out nga ako nay Kontra-bida OG padulong ta maka-kitag away.
    ;D  the way I see it . . .. .  mga Nautical students are really Naughty esp. when they're on water.
                                . . .. . Criminology students on the other hand really tend to commit Crimes/krimen
                                          whenEver they're in the pool,, og ang mga Yoyots nga titser apil pod sa . ...
                                           :-X   :-X   :-X   :P  krimen (enjoy pa kaaU sa mga VIEWgan)  ;D

triblues

• Everything starts where it ends.
    • Inside Triblues'
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:35 AM »

PAsalamat ko ani wla ko kaabot ani nila mag swim cla. kay kani-adto pag mag swim cla dili ko mu swim kay angso na kaayo ang pool.

selected ra ang time mag swim. 5-closing. operation "ice-berg" with Sir Alvs and the gang. lols
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." by EPO

https://www.triblues.com
www.facebook.com/PhilippineAquathlon
https://insidetriblues.wordpress.com

triAAbz

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »

;D   operation "ice berg" also started fading  8) kay hanap na kaayo visibility  :o  lobog kaU  :P

don

• Administrator
    • CEBU TRIATHLON BLOG
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »

hi guys,

what hapend to abellana? the last time i swamed there was 2009.

ambot ug OK pa na ang abellana swiman ron,

what do you think guys? nahan unta ko mu swim 8am.
........................__0.............0...........
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_ ........
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...........

jebutz

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »

i think ok ra didto swiman kung buntag.
sa hapon samuk na.
Pages: [1] 2