- Paramount Property Ventures Tri Team Championship Series 2015 is a three leg event.
- Anybody can join with or without a team.
- It’s not mandatory to race all three legs (but please take note of rule number 12). You choose your race.
- Categories are based on age group. Yes based on age group. Levelling method is not used for the 2015 series.
- Team challenge registration is free and automatic. Participants with the same team name will be automatically enrolled as an official team entry.
- Each team may have unlimited members of any gender.
- The Series is point system. This only applies to standard distance. There is no Team challenge for Sprint individual/relay and Kiddie Tri.
- Each finisher will earn points based on order of finish (Overall top 3 finishers and per category).
- The team may earn points per leg using the sum of the highest six scorers of the team.
- There is a 1 point bonus for every member who finished on top of the first six scorers.
- The total points earned by a team are accumulated from first to third leg which will be the basis of declaring the Team Champions.
- At least one scoring member per team for every leg to carry the points to the championship leg. The absence of a scoring member will forfeit the accumulated points.
- Top 3 Team Champions will be awarded in the Championship leg with cash prize and trophy.
- If a team decides to have multiple teams, they can do so by naming however the team desires, like for example, Team Eagle A, Team Eagle B.
- If a team member moves to a different team in the next leg, he/she is:
- Not entitled to earn points provided his/her previous team is still active.
- Entitled to points if his/her previous team is not active due to forfeiture of the team based on rule number 12.
TOP FINISHER POINTS (Male/Female)
- 1st - 40 points
- 2nd - 35 points
- 3rd - 32 points
|10th||11||20th to last||1|
RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLYING TO ALL SECTIONS OF THE RACE
- The Race Director shall have the authority to disqualify participants.
- Race participants may not compete with a bare torso during bike and run course.
- The responsibility of keeping on the correct course and loop counts rests with the competitor.
- No headphones or headsets may be worn during the race.
- Sugbutriathlon reserves the right to make rules changes at any time provided all athletes are notified in writing and/or at the pre-race compulsory briefing.
- The Race Director and race officials have the right to remove all competitors from the course after the official cut off time of 4 hours from gun start.
- Any protests regarding decisions made by Race Officials must be made in person and received by the Race Director within two hours of finishing the event with a protest fee of P500 (non-refundable). The protest note should be handed in to the Race Director.
- If a competitor decides to withdraw from the race at any time, it is their responsibility to notify a Race Official.
- Medical personnel shall have ultimate and final authority to remove a participant from the race if the participant is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without risk of serious injury or death. Participants who receive IV treatment during the event will be withdrawn from the race.
- No contestant may use alcohol or any illegal, detrimental or dangerous drugs, stimulants, depressants or other substances with the intent to improve their performance, eliminate the sense of fatigue or for any other purpose.
- Good sportsman-like conduct will be demanded of all competitors. Fraud, theft and acts of grossly unsportsman-like conduct are grounds for immediate disqualification and may result in competitors being prevented from competing in any Sugbutriathlon event in the future.
- Swim course will be closed 1 hour after gun start.
- Each swimmer must wear a swim cap.
- Fins, paddles, snorkels, flotation devices of any kind are not permitted.
- Swim goggles or face masks may be worn.
- No individual paddlers or escorts allowed.
- Swimmers will be required to have race officials mark their race number on their arms and calves
- Any assistance required during swim will result in disqualification.
- Bike course will close 3 hours 30 minutes after gun start.
- Draft legal.
- Each competitor must wear a race number at all times while on the course. Race numbers issued by Sugbutriathlon identify the official competitors in the race. Numbers must be placed on the back of the cyclist upper clothing where it is clearly visible. A numbered tag may also be placed on the bike frame and must remain on the bike throughout the race. Folding, cutting race numbers, intentional alteration of any kind, or failure to wear race numbers is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and may result in disqualification.
- Helmets must be available commercially and without any further modifications. Any contestant seen riding without wearing an approved helmet will be immediately disqualified. Leather or vinyl hairnet helmets will NOT be allowed. Athletes not wearing helmets with chinstrap secured during any section of the bike leg will be disqualified and removed from the course.
- Athletes who withdraw at any time on Race Day must notify the Race Director.
- No individual support allowed. Friends, family members, coaches or supporters of any type may NOT bike or drive along side competitors, may not pass food or other items to competitors and should be warned to stay completely clear of all competitors to avoid their disqualification. It is your responsibility to immediately reject any attempt to assist, follow or escort.
- Each participant will be INDIVIDUALLY RESPONSIBLE for repair and maintenance of his/her own bike. Assistance by anyone other than a race official will be grounds for immediate disqualification. This disallows the use of spare wheels and back-up bikes and requires that each competitor be prepared to handle any possible mechanical malfunction.
- Competitors are individually responsible for following the Municipal/City traffic road code and are solely responsible for the consequences of any infractions. KEEP TO THE RIGHT. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CROSS YELLOW CENTER LINES.
- Blocking or restricting the ability of cyclists to pass is prohibited. Cyclists must ride as close to the RIGHT hand side of the road as possible, unless passing. Failure to do so will incur an added four minutes to the individual’s finish time.
- The course will be closed exactly 4 hours after gun start. Any contestant on the course after 4 hours will be asked to withdraw from the race for his or her own safety.
- No form of locomotion other than running or walking is allowed.
- Runners must wear the race number at all times on the course. Race numbers issued officially, identify the official contestants in the race. Folding, cutting race number, intentional alteration of any kind, or failure to wear the race number is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and may result in disqualification. Race number must be placed on the front of the runners upper clothing where it is clearly visible and must not be obscured from view.
- No individual support vehicles or non-participant escort runners or cyclists are allowed. This is an INDIVIDUAL endurance event. Team work as a result of outside assistance which provides an advantage over single competitors is not allowed. Individual support vehicles or non-participant escort runners will result in disqualification. A non-participant escort runner includes participants who have withdrawn from the race, have been disqualified or have finished the race. Friends, family members, coaches or supporters of any type may not bike, drive or run alongside competitors, may not pass food or other items to competitors and should be warned to stay completely clear of all participants to avoid the disqualification of a participant. It is the responsibility of each competitor to immediately reject any attempt to assist, follow or escort. It is permissible for contestants who are still competing to run with other contestants who are also still competing.
- Breaches of the rules will incur an added four minutes to the individual’s finish time. Breaches include outside assistance and pacing. More than one breach anytime during the race will incur disqualification.